What is NWOCA File Transfer
NWOCA File Transfer is a website which allows users to securely send very large file attachments. Email system typically limit the size of attachments to somewhere between 10MB - 25MB. The File Transfer website allows you to send files up to 50,000MB (50GB) in size. This is done by uploading your attachment to a secure website and then send a link to that attachment to the recipients. The File Transfer system is hosted in NWOCA's Data Center and powered by a software call Liquid Files.
Who can use NWOCA File Transfer
The website is already setup for all districts that use NWOCA's Exchange email system. Users can login with their email address and Exchange email password. If you are a member district, but do not use the Exchange email system, create a ticket for the Hardware Services Team and they will create you an account.
- Outlook Plugin - You can install an Outlook plugin on your local computer that will allow you send large attachments directly in your Outlook application.
- Personal Filedrop - The first time you login to File Transfer, you are assigned a Filedrop URL. The Filedrop allows users outside of the NWOCA system to send you a large attachment. Once you login, click on the gear icon in the upper right, click Account Settings, then Personal Filedrop. Send this URL to the person that you would like to received the file from.
- Security - Even if you do not need to send an attachment, the File Transfer will allow you to send a secure message to another user. The message is hosted on a secure website and the recipient is sent a password (in a separate email) that will only allow that user to access the message.
How to access and send an email
- Open your web browser and navigate to: http://www.nwoca.org
- Click on Links and the 'NWOCA File Transfer' link is under the Webmail section. You can also directly access the File Transfer at https://filetransfer.nwoca.org
- Enter your NWOCA Exchange email address and password. This is the same username and password that you use at: https://dwa.nwoca.org
- For details on how to send and receive messages, please view the Liquid Files user guide at: https://man.liquidfiles.com/userguide.html