This procedure outlines the steps to be taken to close USPS for the quarter in the Redesign.
- 1. Processing ODJFS-Go to Reports/ODJFS Report choose the Generate Report option.
- 2. When all data is correct, in Reports/ODJFS Report, click on the Generate Submission File option.
NWOCA File Transfer requires a login. Users can login with their email address and Exchange email password. If you are a member district, but do not use the Exchange email system, send an email to the Hardware Group and they will create you an account. For full instructions on how to use NWOCA File transfer please refer to our wiki
- 3. Go to Reports/Quarter Report
- Year- Should be defaulted to current year
- Quarter-Should be defaulted to current quarter
- Sort By- Choose sorting option from drop down
- Click Generate Report
In the "Totals Summary" section of the Quarter Report, the gross and adjusted gross should balance using a manual calculation.
Calculated Adjusted Gross
- 4. Payroll Item checks for the quarter should equal the total Payroll Items showing on the Quarter Report.
|Be sure to verify the electronic transfers of Federal and Medicare payments as well. This should be true for every Payroll Item code.|
- 5. The total gross showing on Quarter Report should equal the total of all payroll disbursement checks created during Payroll Posting to USAS for the quarter.
- Once balanced if a hard copy of the report is desired print the Quarter Report.
|In the redesign software there is no clearing of quarter to date totals.|
- 6. It is recommended that you balance the W2Report quarterly to minimize problems at calendar year-end.
- Go to Reports/ W2Report and Submission. Output type should be set to Report. Check the report for errors.
- Complete and balance the W2Report Reconciliation Worksheet for the quarter following the directions on the worksheet.
- Balance the Payroll Item totals (taxes and annuities) on the W2Report with the totals from the Payables Reports from the quarter.
- Balance the gross amounts on the W2Report with Pay Reports for the quarter.
|These amounts may not balance due to the way W2Report handles certain amounts (e.g. Medicare pickup.)|
If errors are discovered, check employees that had exception processing during the quarter such as voided checks, error adjustments, or manual changes made through Core/Adjustments. The Audit Report (Reports/Report Manager/SSDT Audit Trail can be useful in identifying these problems.
- Format-Choose format from drop down
- Page Size-Choose from drop down.
- Orientation-Choose from drop down (landscape or portrait)
- Name- Default is Audit Report can be changed if desired.
- Summary Report-If you only want a summary report click the box
- Start Date- Enter a start date you wish to begin your audit from.
- End Date- Enter an end date you wish to process the report through.
- Click Generate Report
- 8. Go to Processing/Outstanding Payable and verify that there are no outstanding Payroll Items. (Screen should be empty)
- 9. The total of all Employer Distribution amounts (if tracked on the system) should equal the total of all USAS accounts payable checks to the vendor or deduction company.
- 10. Complete and file any required quarter-end submission forms.
- 11. For city withholdings, take the total gross times the percentage to be sure the tax withheld and submitted are correct.
|Mobile employees could cause discrepancies.|
- 12. Only if hard copies of quarter end reports are desired, run the following:
- Reports/Employee Master (all data)
- Reports/Employee Earnings Register
You are now ready to proceed with payroll for the new quarter.