Processing a Refund Check
Main Menu > Fund Accounting > Payable Entry > Batch Accounts Payable
- Click (Add New) to display the Batch Accounts Payable detail page.
In the details page's Payment Type section, select Non-Purchase Order Payment- to add a payable that does not reference an existing PO or encumbrance.
- Add a payable record by completing the fields in the General Payable Data.
The required fields are in Red. Below is an exploitation of each field.
- Control Number: Start a New Batch file by entering a unique (unused) number. To add payables to an existing batch, enter the batch's control number. Using a batch file enables you to group items and then process vendor checks for all the items included in the batch.
- Period/Yr: The fiscal year period and year associated with the payable. This defaults to the current period and fiscal defined in the Fund Accounting Profile and show not be modified.
- Vendor: Code identifying the vendor you are paying. When entering a code, the Vendor Address displays for you to verify the Accounts Payable address. To associate a different address with the Vendor, use the Alternate Vendor option at the top of the page.
|After you select a Vendor or Alternate Vendor address, the system displays the corresponding EFT indicator next to the Cash Account field.|
- Invoice: Invoice number or other reference information for the bill you are paying.
- Invoice Date: Issue Date that appears on your Vendor Invoice.
- Due Date: The system defaults to the current system date.
- Cash Acct: Cash Account code for this transaction. You must enter an asset account number (accounts beginning with an "A"). The system defaults the account defined in the Fund Accounting Profile.
- Single Check: Checkbox indicating whether the system should print the check for this invoice independently from any other payments made to this vendor.
- On the payable record completing the fields in the Payment Distributions section.
Below is an exploitation of each field.
- Budget Unit: Enter the 16 digit Budget Unit for expenditure/revenue budget account where you are distributing the expense.
- Account: Enter the Account Number for the Budget Unit-Account were the payment is distributed. Charges can be distributed to multiple accounts as long as you distribute the entire cost, or the entire amount can be charged to a single account.
- Amount: Enter the amount for the line item.
- 1099: Code for the type of 1099 payment associated with this line item. N – No 1099 – Payments are not reported as a 1099 income.
- Description: Description of the line item payment. Use of this field enables you to easily identify transactions on reports, and the description prints on the remittance voucher.
4. Click (OK) to post the batch in the 'Batch Accounts Payable' area
5. Release and Post the batch
- When you add a new payable to a batch file, the system automatically selects the Hold field You cannot access this field when adding a record in the detail page.
- To clear the payable's Hold field, you have two options after the record has been added and saved:
- You can access the payable in the Batch Accounts Payable detail page, clear the Hold field, and save the update by clicking (OK).
- You can clear the Hold field for all records in a batch file by clicking the Release/Post item in the Batch Accounts Payable list page and selecting the Release Only or Release and Post option in the Release/Post page.