The manual check process can be used to pay an employee who was missed when processing the original pay run. All checks created using the manual check process will be associated with the pay run chosen when beginning the manual check process.
5. Enter the payroll check number and check date you wish to use for this check. Manual checks will be entered in eFP as normal checks. Even if the employee is paid via direct deposit, eFP will not append a V suffix to the check number.
6. Click on the 'Deduction Frequencies' tab.
8. Verify the pay and deduction information and click 'OK' if it is correct.
9. Click 'Yes' to post the manual check to FAM.
10. Click 'OK' to print a report of the manual check.
11. This is an example of the report.
12. Repeat the above steps for any additional employees who require a manual check for the same pay run. If you wish to create a manual check for a different pay run, you must exit and restart the manual check process.
13. After entering all manual checks, click the 'Print' link to print the physical checks.
14. Click 'Next' after placing checks in the printer.
15. Enter the beginning and ending check numbers you wish to print. Leave the 'New Check Date' and 'New Check Number' fields blank. These are only used if you want to change information from what is already entered on the check that was created. Click 'Print' to print the checks.
16. Exit out of the manual check process.
|The manual check process creates a FAM posting file and a batch accounts payable file. These files will be suffixed with an 'M' for manual checks. The FAM posting file will be named PMMDDYYM where MMDDYY is the ending date of the pay period. The batch accounts payable file will be named PAYXXXM where XXX is the pay run number|
17. The FAM posting file must be posted using the same process you use when posting your normal payroll posting file. (FAM→ Periodic Routines→ Automated Payroll Interface)
18. The batch accounts payable file must be posted using the same process you use when posting your accounts payable file from a normal pay run. (FAM→ Entry&Processing→ Batch Accounts Payable)
|The PAYXXXM accounts payable control number must be included when processing vendor checks for any payroll deduction checks run for any deductions withheld during the manual check run. The pipe symbol, |, should be used to separate multiple control numbers.|