Each year a follow-up check on the STRS Advance is needed after all the summer pays have been completed. Below are the instructions.
- Go to the second screen of USPSDAT/USPCON and verify the following after the last advance payment is paid
- If all advances have been paid correctly, the STRS Advance Mode field is blank and the STRS Advance Amount field is blank as shown below:
- If there is a remaining balance that you were not anticipating
- Run CHKSTRS (sorting it the same as your STRSAD.TXT is sorted). Compare totals for each employee on the two reports.
- Any employee showing a differing amount should be researched.
- Any difference should be reported to STRS as a prior fiscal year correction if necessary.
- Once the discrepancy is determined and corrected with STRS, the STRS Advance Amount will need to be removed and the STRS Advance Mode cleared by NWOCA staff. Please send an email to the Fiscal Team at email@example.com, if you have any remaining STRS advance amounts that need to be cleared from STRS Advance Configuration.