The manual check process can be used to pay an employee who was missed when processing the original pay run. All checks created using the manual check process will be associated with the pay run chosen when beginning the manual check process.
- Access Manual Checks using the menu (HR/Entry & Processing) or the search box.
- Verify (change if not using the most recent pay run) the pay run details displayed on the screen and then click the green 'OK' button.
- Click 'Yes' after verifying this is the pay run you wish to work with.
- Add the first employee.
- Use the magnifying glass to find and select the employee.
- Click the green 'OK' to move the cursor to the timecard section of the screen.
- Enter (or verify) the employee's timecard data.
- Click the green 'OK' to move the cursor to the hours/days/weeks field below the timecard grid.
- Enter days and weeks if necessary for the employee.
- Click the green 'OK' to move the cursor to the check info tab.
5. Enter the payroll check number and check date you wish to use for this check. Manual checks will be entered in eFP as normal checks. Even if the employee is paid via direct deposit, eFP will not append a V suffix to the check number.
6. Click on the 'Deduction Frequencies' tab.
- Check the boxes for the deduction frequencies you wish to have deducted from this check.
- Uncheck the 'Exclude Direct Deposit' check box if you will be paying the employee using their direct deposit accounts.
- Uncheck the 'Decrease Encum Remaining' check box.
- Check the 'Accrue Leave' check box if you wish to accrue leave for the emloyee during the check run.
- Uncheck any of the remaining five check boxes for which you don't want this check to be accrued against.
- If the check is for the current pay run just completed, leave all five of the other check boxes (current, MTD, QTD, YTD and FTD) checked.
- If the check is not for the current pay run, but is in the same month, uncheck the current box.
- If the check is for an earlier month in the same quarter, uncheck the current and MTD check boxes.
- If the check is for an earlier quarter in the same calendar year, uncheck the current, MTD and QTD check boxes.
- If the check is not for the current calendar year, uncheck the YTD check box.
- If the check is not for the current fiscal year, uncheck the FTD check box.
- Click the green 'OK' button to calculate the pay.
8. Verify the pay and deduction information and click 'OK' if it is correct.
9. Click 'Yes' to post the manual check to FAM.
10. Click 'OK' to print a report of the manual check.
11. This is an example of the report.
12. Repeat the above steps for any additional employees who require a manual check for the same pay run. If you wish to create a manual check for a different pay run, you must exit and restart the manual check process.
13. After entering all manual checks, click the 'Print' link to print the physical checks.
14. Click 'Next' after placing checks in the printer.
15. Enter the beginning and ending check numbers you wish to print. Leave the 'New Check Date' and 'New Check Number' fields blank. These are only used if you want to change information from what is already entered on the check that was created. Click 'Print' to print the checks.
16. Exit out of the manual check process.
FAM posting file and Batch Accounts Payable file
17. The FAM posting file must be posted using the same process you use when posting your normal payroll posting file. (FAM→ Periodic Routines→ Automated Payroll Interface)
18. The batch accounts payable file must be posted using the same process you use when posting your accounts payable file from a normal pay run. (FAM→ Entry&Processing→ Batch Accounts Payable)
Include PAYXXXM control number when processing Vendor Checks