This service has been discontinued. These instructions will help revert your computers back to Apple's software update servers.
Reverting Clients to Apple's update servers
Local computer using Terminal
- Open Terminal.app
Remotely using Apple Remote Desktop
- Open Apple Remote Desktop.app
- Select the computer or a group of computers
- Select "Send Unix Command..." from the Manage menu
- Select the User option and enter: root
- Send command
Remotely using Workgroup Manager (on managed computers)
- In Workgroup Manager, click Preferences.
- Make sure the correct directory is selected and that you are authenticated. To switch directories, click the globe icon. If you are not authenticated, click the lock and enter the name and password of a directory administrator.
- Select a computer group.
- Click Software Update.
- Set the management setting to Never.
- Click Apply Now.