- 19a. Send an email to NWOCA personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating that you wish to use your _D account for W2 Processing.
20a. Run QRTRPT and zero out all data for the quarter and calendar year (option Y). Do NOT zero out fiscal year data.
To insure the data cleared correctly, run the QRTRPT program again and verify that the year to date and quarter to date totals on the report are zero.
- 21a. Run QRTRPT and zero out all data for the quarter and calendar year (option Y). Do NOT zero out fiscal year data.
- 22a. Continue with January payroll processing
Ready to process W2's from the D account
- If the DPCARE deduction type is being used no further action is necessary.
|Questions on whether the dependent care is reportable or not should be directed to your district legal advisor|
- 31a. Insure portions of annuities identified as insurance are adjusted on the deduction records so they are taxed properly. If you are notified of this situation, you will need to increase the taxable gross on the 001, 002, and OSDI deductions for the amount identified as insurance and decrease the YTD annuity amount by the amount identified as insurance. If the city honored the annuity when the amount was withheld, the city records should also be updated.
- 32a. Run YTDRPT if desired. This report generates year-to-date totals and a benefit statement for all employees, pay groups, or individual employees.
- 33a. Run OAPSE if desired. This report generates a listing of employee name, SSN, birthday, and year-to-date gross.
|This can be found in the USPS menu, select the USPS_LCL option, then OAPSE|
- 34a. Run W2PROC. (Inital run saying "N" to Create Tape file prompt) This program generates the following files:
- W2CCA.SEQ (only CCA entities)
- W2RITA.SEQ (only RITA entities)
- 35a. Print the W2ERR.TXT and W2REPT.TXT reports and verify the data. Make changes to the data, if necessary, and rerun W2PROC. This program can be run as many times as necessary until all data is correct.
36a. When all W2 data has been verified and is accurate run W2PROC again (Saying "Y" to the Create Tape file prompt)
Info This will produce is a file called W2TAPE.SEQ which will be submitted to the federal and state taxing entities for you by NWOCA. For those districts reporting city tax information to RITA or CCA a file called W2CCA.SEQ and/or W2RITA.SEQ is generated. This file is used by NWOCA to submit the city tax information on your behalf.
The W2FORM.DAT is used by NWOCA to print the actual W-2's for your district. If employees have more than two state, city, or OSDI tax records, the extra W-2 form necessary to accommodate this information will print on the W-2 immediately following the employee's primary W-2.
W2CITY.DAT is used for other city submissions and should not be printed.
- 37a W2BREAK.TXT shows where the W2 forms should be separated for possible distribution. The report lists each sort field and its starting control number. This report does not apply to Name or SSN sort options
- 38a. Once all data is correct, contact NWOCA (within 48 hours) via email (email@example.com) with instructions to print the W-2 forms. Notification will be sent by NWOCA personnel when the W2's have been printed.
39a. Mail the State IT-3 form and select city taxation forms(s) (if applicable) to NWOCA
If necessary, an IT-3 form can be printed here
- 40a. From the USPS_ANN menu, run the CALENDARCD program
|This procedure generates a standard set of calendar year-end reports and makes them available via the PAYROLLCD web directory.|