Register Your Customer Account on mobile.lsfilter.com
If you have not done so, register your customer account (supplied by Lightspeed Systems as a serial number) on the mobile.lsfilter.com website by following the steps below.
- 1. Navigate to mobile.lsfilter.com.
- 2. Click Sign up.
- 3. Enter a username.
- 4. Enter your customer account number (found on the admin page of the district).
- 5. Enter a password.
- 6. Enter it again.
- 7. Click SIGN UP.
Follow the steps below to sign in to mobile.lsfilter.com.
- 1. Navigate to mobile.lsfilter.com.
- 2. Enter your username.
- 3. Enter your password.
- 4. Click SIGN IN.
Use the Organization tab to view and edit details about your organization, including the server name. Click the Save button to save any changes you make.
- Name - The name of the organization.
- Serial number - Your serial (customer) number supplied by Lightspeed Systems.
- Uninstall Password - The uninstall password used to remove the client from a machine.
- Allow Updates - Recommended. Check (select) this option to automatically update Mobile Filter on user devices.
- Servers - Add the FQDN of your filtering server. lightspeed.nwoca.org
- IP Ranges - The IP range is the public IP address range the machines will advertise as while they are on the customers network. 184.108.40.206
- NOTE: IP range is not required for use with Chromebooks using the LSMobile LSChromeFilter Chrome extension
Use the Devices tab to view and edit devices in your organization running Mobile Filter.
Registering the MAC address is required to uninstall the client on devices other than Chromebooks. Adding MAC addresses is not required for Chromebooks using the LSMobile LSChromeFilter Chrome extension.
Use the Search window to search for devices.
- Mac Address - The devices MAC address.
- School ID - The school ID associated with this device.
- Destroy - Click Delete to remove this device from Mobile Filter.
To add one or more devices devices click the Add Device button. The following will be displayed.
To add a single device, enter its MAC address and then click Add. To add multiple devices from a CSV file, follow the steps below.
- 1. Click the Add from CSV tab.
- 2. Click Choose File.
- 3. Select the CSV file.
- 4. Click Add.
To import multiple devices from a CSV file go to mobile.lsfilter.com select Devices > Add devices > Add from CSV. The first column must be titled “mac_address” with the addresses below it, 1 per cell. The second column must be titled “schoolid” and needs to contain your school ID. You can find your school ID by going to Web Filter > Mobile Devices > School ID on your Rocket. This ID is based on what tier you want the device to be automatically registered to.
The following shows the correct format for the CSV file.
Transparent Tier Registration
When the Rocket has multiple tiers and a Mobile Filter connects to it for the first time the Rocket will redirect the client to the School ID page where the client will input the school ID to identify what tier/school they are part of.
With transparent tier registration you can import the device’s MAC address into mobile.lsfilter.com along with the corresponding school ID. This allows the device on checkin to provide the needed client information so that when a policy query is made the Rocket can automatically bind the device without user interaction. This allows the device to be bound to the correct tier based on school ID.
You can find your school ID by logging into your Rocket and then making sure the correct tier is selected. Next, click Web Filterand then Mobile Devices. Your school ID is listed in the School ID table on this page.
- Rocket running Release 2.7.7 or later
- Posix Mobile Filter 6.0.7 or later
- OS X Mobile Filter 6.0.7 or later
- Windows Mobile Filter 6.0.6 or later
Chrome LSMobile LSChromeFilter extension Requirements:
- Rocket running Release 2.9.2 or later
- Chrome version 37 or later