Table of Contents
You can access the filter by going to http://lightspeed.nwoca.org .
|Table of Contents|
NWOCA Lunch & Learn - September
Lightspeed Lunch & Learn
Friday September 28th, 2012
11:00am - 1:00pm
Archbold West Office
209 Nolan Parkway
Archbold OH 43502
It will also be broadcast via WebEx at:
1. Go to https://ds.webex.com/ds/j.php?ED=159507507&UID=1270406377&PW=NNThhOTYzMDAz&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password: nwoca
NWOCA Lunch & Learn - August Recording
The installation of the filtering boxes will start the week of August 13th. We have a couple districts that will be a part of the pilot program to help us get the initial configuration and settings put in place. After that we will be opening it up to other districts that would like to switchover. We will ask all districts to move over by the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
You can get to the interface by going to http://lightspeed.nwoca.org . Your can use your M86 IP credentials to access the page. If you do not have your credentials, please send an email to email@example.com and we will get you the information.
Training materials will be provided within the next couple weeks. When you are ready to switch over, NWOCA will provide web training to get you familiar with the features of the system and to setup your filtering policies.
NWOCA will facilitate all support requests. However, Lightspeed will be providing 24/7 support by going to LightSpeed wiki for all technical issues. You will need to create a username and password to get access to this resource.
Did you sign up at wiki.lightspeed.com for a username/password yet? If not, you can sign up and it only takes a few minutes. Then you can get all of the downloads and information you need to set up the clients at:
Go to the tabs Client Agents >> User Agent (UA) where you will find the software downloads. Then just follow the directions in the Documentation section, using the ip 10.247.248.70 when asked for the source.
- CIPA-complaint, education based database with granular and customizablepolicies
- Filter based on IP address, subnets or LDAP integration
- Daily URL database updates
- Web zones allow for custom access based on time (class period)
- Comprehensive reporting features
- More information at: http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/products/Web-Filter.aspx
- Datasheet (PDF)
- Cloud-hosted Learning Management System that integrates with your web filtering policies
- Educational Resource Library with thousands of videos, wikis, documents and websites
- Authenticated user access (LDAP)
- Unlimited accounts and file storage
- More information at: http://www.mybigcampus.com/tour
- Quick Look (PDF)
- Datasheet (PDF)
This documentation was given to us from a district that is currently using WebZones with their teachers.