Starting with the Fall FY2018 Forecast reporting, there was a change in how the forecast assumptions (a.k.a. 'notes') are to be reported. The notes are not to be included in the EMISFFE (or emailing a PDF version to ODE). Instead, the notes must be uploaded and included at the time you 'CERTIFY & SUBMIT' the forecast via the data collector. (Forecast assumptions must be in TXT or PDF format). Also, due to a recent update made to EMIS-FFEEMISFFE, the QN record (assumptions) has been removed from the list of available records.
Starting with the Spring FY2018 Forecast reporting period, ODE will begin generating fatal errors for any data collector submission that does not include reject forecast submissions that present the following errors:
The following procedure outlines the steps to be taken to submit your Five Year Forecast and Assumptions to ODE via the EMIS-R Data Collector.
- Click Export file
- Click 'Save' to save this DISTRICTIRN_FFE.SEQ file to a folder that you can find easily to upload the file into EMIS-R (data collector) later
|An authorized person in the district (EMIS Coordinator, Treasurer, etc) will be running the data collection process and submitting the data to ODE via EMIS-R. The EMIS-R roles include the "collector", "reviewer" and "submitter". As Treasurer, you need to communicate with your EMIS Coordinator as to what role(s) you need in the process.|
- Click on the "Collection Requests" tab in the data collector and locate the Forecast (period P) manifest. Click on "Start Collection".
- Make sure the correct data source (Forecast) is checked. Then click on "Start Data Collection for all items checked below".
- Click the "Collection Status" tab to check the status of your current collection
- Once the collection is 'complete', click on the "Collection Request Tab" and then click on "Prepare" (under the forecast manifest) to prepare the collection for review.
|If the collected data encountered errors, a message will display with a direct link to the "Level I Validation Report". If the errors warrant changes to be made in the source system, you will need to start the process over with uploading the corrected file and then re-collecting the data.|
- Click on the "Collection Request" tab and then click on 'Preview Prepared Data' under 'Prepare Outputs' to view the data collected.
- Checkmark the Detail and Missing boxes and a File Format of "CSV". Click on 'Generate Preview'.
- It will display a list of the records included in the collection. Scan the "invalid" column for any records with invalid data. If you double-click on a record type listed, it will display the details of the record via EXCEL.
- When viewing a record type via EXCEL, a column labeled "Record is Valid" indicates whether or not the record will be included in the submission.
- Once you determine the data is ready to be submitted to ODE, click on the "Collection Requests" tab and then click on "Certify and Submit".
- At this time, attach the forecast assumptions/notes. Click on 'BROWSE' to select the file (may be in .TXT or PDF format) and then click on 'upload file'. The 'Required File Status' should change to show the file was uploaded and will be included with the submission.
- Once the assumptions/notes have been successfully uploaded, checkmark the "I certify this collection" box. Add any comments if desired.
- Click on "Certify & Submit" at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. The data will then be submitted to ODE.
- To review the status of your submission, click on the "Submission" tab. Click on the arrow to the left of the forecast reporting period to display the current status of the submissions you processed.
Ο 10) Verifying both Required Files were successfully submitted to ODE
- To verify that both your forecast and assumptions were submitted to ODE, click on the "Archives" tab.
- In the "Collections Request" box, select the appropriate 'P' period. The Archive Type should be defaulted to 'Submissions Only". Click on 'List Archives" to display the zip file.
- Click on the 'zip' file to save the zipped contents to your computer.
- Once you open the zip folder, it will include:
- Assumptions in PDF format
- Forecast data (QF_FORECAST_REC) in CSV format
- 'Submitted' file which includes a total number of forecast line records included in the submission