1. Log into EMISFFE https://ssdt.esu.k12.oh.us/emisffe2/ffeUser/login
- You must have EMIS-R access with LEA editor role. Please contact your EMIS Coordinator if you need access
- If you need access to the EMISFFE application, and you do not have an EMISFFE account, please contact your our EMIS department. If your password has expired or you have forgotten your password, you can change and/or reset your password via the the "Forgot Password" link in the Log In box below.
2. After logging in, it displays the main menu along with your district's IRN only (not the district name).
Click on the "Capital Assets (QC)" link to add your capital asset data.
NOTE: EMISFFE was upgraded to a new version in 2013. It also switched to a new database which prevented the data in the old version to be moved to the new version. Districts have the option of moving their capital asset data using an export from the old version and importing it into the new version. Please contact your ITC for further details. The other option is to re-enter your capital asset data in the new version.
3. Prior year's entries should be retained. Click on an existing record's ID# from the "Capital Assets List" to view last year's data. Click on the EDIT icon to modify the record's data.
4. If you need to add a new record, click on "NEW CAPITAL ASSETS"
Ο On the "Capital Assets Code" box, select a code from the drop down list. A listing of available codes and their meanings are on the last page of this document
Ο Click on "CREATE" when finished and repeat step 3 if you need to enter additional capital asset codes. A screenshot of creating a capital asset record is displayed on the next page.
|DBIDepreciable DBI Depreciable Capital Assets, Buildings and Building Improvements|
DBK Depreciable Capital Assets, Books
DFE Depreciable Capital Assets, Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment
DIN Depreciable Depreciable Capital Assets, Infrastructure
DLI Depreciable DLI Depreciable Capital Assets, Land Improvements
DVE Depreciable Capital Assets, Vehicles
LBI LBI Accumulated Depreciation, Buildings and Building Improvements
LBK Accumulated Depreciation, Books
LFE Accumulated Depreciation, Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment
LIN LIN Accumulated Depreciation, Infrastructure
LLI LLI Accumulated Depreciation, Land Improvement
LVE Accumulated Depreciation, Vehicles
NDC Capital Assets not being depreciated, Construction in Progress
NDL Capital Assets not being depreciated, Land
|In most cases, there are no validations done within the FFE application. If bad data is inputted into a field, the record may be saved without errors. You won''t find out about the bad data until you receive the validation reports from EMIS-R|
MODIFYING AN EXISTING RECORD
An "Edit" option is available for records already added. You must first select a record from the "Capital Assets List" by clicking on the ID # of the record you want to edit and from there, click on EDIT to edit the existing record. You also have the option to DELETE the record.
Exporting files may be handled by your EMIS Coordinator. Please contact him/her requesting to export your Period H "QC Financial Data" from EMISFFE. They should use their normal FTP process to send the file to our EMIS staff and request that it be loaded into EMIS for submission to ODEIf you are responsible for exporting the data:
- From the main EMISFFE menu, select EXPORT DATA
- Select FY2014 and reporting period "H-July/Financial". Please make sure ONLY the "QC - Financial Data" is checkmarked.
- Click on EXPORT FILE saving the file to your computer using either the default filename or a name of your choosing. The filename extension must be .SEQ.
- Once the file is saved, it will need to be uploaded/collected/submitted to ODE via EMIS-R.
CAPITAL ASSET CATEGORIES