This procedure outlines the steps to be taken to close USAS for the month in the Redesign.
- 1. Enter all transactions for the current month
- 2. Attempt to reconcile USAS records with your bank(s)
Perform bank reconciliation procedure
Under the Periodic menu, select 'Cash Reconciliation' to enter your cash reconciliation information for the month
- 3. Generate the 'SSDT Cash Summary' report and the 'SSDT Financial Detail Report'.
◊ The Financial Detail Report can be run for the month only to compare MTD totals to the Cash Summary Report.
◊ Compare the totals from reports... they should be identical.
- 4. If all above steps are performed and totals all agree, you are in balance and may proceed with the next step.
5. Manually run and review desired reports (Monthly CD Reports will be generated when step 6 is completed)
Monthly CD Report Bundle
The Monthly CD Report Bundle is now available and will automatically run when the Posting Period is closed. The bundle includes 24 SSDT Template reports. A list of reports can be found here. Reports can be found in File Archive under the Utilities menu.
- 6. To close the month, under the Core menu, click on Posting Periods.
- Click on to 'Close' the current period.
- Click on to create the new posting period. Select the month, enter the calendar year and checkmark the 'current' box to make the new posting period the current period.
You are now closed for the month, proceed with your next month's financial transactions.