USAS Pre-Import Checklist
- 1. Review outstanding .BATCH filesFuture PO files with .BATCH, .INPROGRESS and .REJECTED extensions in Classic will automatically import into the posting period based on the PO date in the batch file. Recommend districts review all future PO files with these extensions to see if any need to be included in the extract. Any old future PO files that do not need to be posted in Classic should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- 2. Outstanding BRDDIS batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data. If some of those batch files are old BRDDIS batch files that do not need to be posted in Classic, they should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- 3. Outstanding PAYROLL batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data.
- 4. Review outstanding requisitions
- If you have outstanding requisitions from prior years that you do not intend on converting to purchase orders, you can delete the unnecessary requisitions before extracting your data.
- Classic Reports REQSUM or REQDET an be used to review Requisitions
USPS Pre-Import Checklist
- 1. Payroll has been completed thru the actual option of PAYDED.
- 2. All payroll and 'other' .BATCH files have posted.
3. Verify USPSDAT/USPCON, SERS Period Closing Date is set properlyJust to NOTE: SERS Period Closing Date is used to determine the current posting period on import. So, if the district is currently processing August in classic (i.e. running August payrolls) then the closing date on USPCON should be 07/2018
- 4. Assure if Quarter is closed in Classic and you want to balance Quarter in the Redesign that USPCON/SERS Closing Date is set to month prior.
- 5. In USPSDAT/DEDNAM, verify all vendors have data in Street, City, State, and Zip fields.
- 6. In USPSDAT/DEDNAM, verify all like vendors have the same address.
- 7. In USPSDAT/PRGPED, verify all pay groups are assigned to a job calendar.
- 8. Run QRTRPT. In the totals section, verify the 'DIFFERENCE IN GROSS' is zero. If not, correct any discrepancies before proceeding.
- 9. Run W2PROC (not creating a tape file). Verify and correct (if applicable) any errors.
- 10. Run STRSAD/Option 1 – Projection. Review the STRSAD.RPT, STRSAD.TXT, and NONADV.TXT reports. Correct any issues.
- 11. Purge any new contracts, if applicable.
- 12. Verify RETIRE/STRSMONTH has been run. If it has not, run and assure 'Clear STRS MTD Accumulators' field is set to Y.
- 13. Do you currently use USPSDAT/ROUTSCN? If no, it is suggested this be set up prior to your final import.