Users have the ability to post adjustments to increase/decrease the expendable/receivable amounts on an account. There are currently two different ways to post budget adjustments in the system.
This procedures walks you through making a budget adjustment for a single expenditure/revenue account
- 1. Go to Core/Accounts/Expenditure or Revenue tab
- 2. Filter on an account you want to make an adjustment to
- Select "Budget Adjustment"
- Select "Create" and then enter Date, Transaction Type, Amount and Description
- Post your Adjustment.
- You will see your adjustments reflected
This is intended to be a general guide checklist for mass loading Budget Adjustments in USAS-R.
When entering Adjustments the amount entered should be what the user would like the new Expendable/Receivable amount to be on the account. The system will calculate the difference between the initial amount and the entered amount and then create an adjustment for the difference. For Example, if the Initial Budget was 100.00 but the new Expendable amount should be 0.00, then the Adjustment entered in the PA-FYYY column on the spreadsheet or Proposed Amounts grid should be 0.00. When applied, the Adjustment on the account will be -100.00.
The Budgeting Menu contains two programs:
- Scenarios: Allows for the creation of a budget scenario via spreadsheets which are then promoted to proposed amounts.
- Proposed Amounts: Once promoted, the budget and revenue amounts are displayed in the proposed amounts grid to allow for further changes. Once ready, they will be applied as adjusted budget and revenue estimates.
- Click on Budgeting/Scenario/Create to create a Scenario for your budget adjustments
- Enter Name & Description
- Click Save to save the Scenario or continue on to create or upload sheets. Remember to ‘Save’ the scenario when finished
- Find the Scenario you want to Clone on the Scenario Grid
- View the Scenario using
- Click on
This will Clone the Scenario and all underlying Budgeting Sheets for that Scenario.
Create New Budgeting Spreadsheets within the scenario
If this Scenario was created prior you will need to edit the scenario first before being able to create a new sheet or upload, upload/replace or regenerate an existing budget sheet.
Click on 'Create' to create a spreadsheet within the budgeting scenario
- Select Type (Budget or Revenue)
- On the 'Properties' tab, add or remove properties you would like on your spreadsheet.
- Click on 'Configure Filters' to filter accounts you want included on the spreadsheet (i.e only want accounts with OPU = 200)
- You can save a query to be able to pull it up at a later date by giving it a name and clicking on 'save query'
- Enter a 'Sheet Name'
- Click on 'Save Sheet' to save your spreadsheet. A 'Confirmation Sheet Creation' box appears. Click on 'Create' to continue creating the spreadsheet. Once complete, an informational box appears stating the budgeting sheet created successfully.
Budgeting Sheets Grid
Once a spreadsheet is created in the scenario, it is displayed on the Budgeting Sheets grid. You can then access the spreadsheet using one or more of the following options in order to enter your new expendable/receivable amounts:
- Click on
to edit an existing spreadsheet (must use the existing PA-XXXX column to enter your new expandable/receivable amounts)
- you can add (insert) or delete rows in your spreadsheet
- You can use formulas to enter your adjusted amounts
- Click on to regenerate the sheet. You may make changes to your selected properties, filters etc. if desired. You will then save the sheet, overriding the previous sheet values and accounts.
- If you prefer to enter adjusted amounts and/or make changes to your spreadsheet via Excel, click on to download the spreadsheet into Excel. Once the spreadsheet is completed and saved, click on to upload/replace the spreadsheet back into the scenario
- Click on to delete an existing spreadsheet you no longer want.
Make sure you Save the Scenario if you want to keep any Budgeting Sheet changes. If you do not Save the Scenario any Budgeting Sheet changes will be lost.
Upload Budgeting Spreadsheets into the scenario
Use the Upload option to upload outside spreadsheets into your scenario. These spreadsheet may contain proposed amounts.
- Enter a 'Sheet Name' and optional 'Description'
- Click on 'Choose File' and select the outside spreadsheet you want to upload
- Click on 'Start Upload' to upload the spreadsheet. Once complete, an informational box appears stating budgeting sheet was uploaded successfully.
Promote a Scenario
Once a scenario is completed, it can be "promoted" to the proposed amounts field on the budget and revenue accounts. Promote includes all spreadsheets in the scenario. Once promoted, the accounts with associated amounts will appear in Budgeting/Proposed Amounts Grid as well as the Next Year Proposed Amount field under the accounts UI.
Please note that once a scenario is promoted for a fiscal year, any successive scenario related to the same fiscal year that is promoted will overwrite the prior scenario's amounts. When a Scenario is promoted it deletes out anything in the Budgeting/Proposed Amounts grid for the same fiscal year and then uploads the new accounts/figures from the Scenarios Budgeting Sheets that was just promoted. So instead of creating separate scenarios, we recommend creating separate spreadsheets within the same scenario.
Contains separate tabs for existing 'Proposed Budgets' and 'Proposed Anticipated Revenues' amounts in a grid format based on the fiscal year selected. Users can:
- Create an expendable/receivable amount in order to add it to the existing grid
- Enter or search for an account
- Enter a fiscal year
- Enter the new expendable or receivable amount
- Click on 'Save'
- View an expandable/receivable amount
- From the grid, search the desired account and click on to view the details of the adjusted amount.
- Edit an expandable/receivable amount
- From the grid, search the desired account and click on to edit the fiscal year or adjusted amount.
- Delete an expandable/receivable amount
- Per account: From the grid, search the desired account and click on to delete the adjusted amount for that account. Click on 'delete' to confirm deletion.
- Mass Delete: From the grid, click on the checkbox for the adjusted amounts you want to delete and click on the button to mass delete all checked accounts.
Applying Adjusted Amounts
Once all of the new expendable/receivable amounts have been entered for a fiscal year, click 'Apply' to apply them.
- Choose a Transaction Type of 'Adjustment' which will adjust the existing expendable amounts via negative or positive adjustments. The initial figures are not touched. The 'Update GAAP Original Estimate' amounts box defaults to being unchecked but you have the option to check it if a GAAP adjustment should be created.
- When selecting Adjustment transactions type, you must enter an effective date. You will need to use the effective date to the posting period you want the adjustments to be reflected in. The effective date must be in an opening posting period.
- Click on 'Apply' to proceed with applying the adjustment figures. These will now become the new expendable or receivable figures and the differences between the "old" and "new" amounts will appear in the FYTD adjustments as a positive or negative figure.